Ms Keneilwe Pearl Marata currently holds the position of Associate Researcher at BIDPA.She has graduated with Mphil Public Policy and Administration (Democratic Governance) from the University of Capetown. Her thesis is titled “Traditional Leadership, Democratc Authority and Public Opinion in Botswana”. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Studies and Public Administration from the University of Botswana. Ms Marata joined Bidpa in November 2006. Prior to coming to Bidpa, she worked as a Teaching Assistant/Tutor at the University of Botswana in the Department of Political and Administration Studies.
Ms Marata’s research interests include: Democratic Governance, Traditional Authorities in Modern Africa, Public Sector Reforms and Public Policy Analysis.
Kaboyakgosi, G. and Mpule, K. P. (2008). Beyond Public Administration? HIV/AIDS policy Networks and the Transformation of public Policy in Botswana. Public Administration and Development, 28, Issue 4, 301–310
Participated in the following Key Projects:
- Elections and the Management of Diversity in Africa (UNECA)
- Construction Industry (Ministry of Infrastructure, Science and Technology)
- Botswana Democracy Index (IDASA)
- Open Budget Index 2006, 2007/08, 2011
- Governance Profile for Botswana - (Commissioned by the European Union (EU))
- Measuring and Monitoring Progress Towards Good Governance – The African Governance Report II (Botswana Country Report)- (Commissioned by UNECA)
- Country Governance Profile Assessment for Botswana - ( African Development Bank).
- Efficiency and Effectiveness of Capacity building in Botswana, South Africa and Namibia (SEAPREN).
- Youth Empowerment Challenges in Southern Africa – Policy Responses and Responses targeting young women and men at the National Level.